Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sunny Summer Day

It is a perfect summer day today. That is really nice as Isabelle is playing with Amy - my neighbor's daughter that I have hired to babysit once a week for a couple of hours and play with Isabelle so I can get some work accomplished. Have I ever mentioned how challenging it is to work from home with a toddler? I thought the corporate workplace was tough. No more. Nothing like trying to get a press release prepared or a flyer finished with a toddler pulling your arm or playing with your PC. Alas, it is a wonderful challenge to have!

Speaking of which, a couple of weeks ago I went to dinner with some friends at a wonderful restaurant in Nashua - Unums (http://www.unums.com/). The food was outstanding. I ordered a seafood dish and it arrived in the largest bowl anyone has ever seen. I had to have the ocean in it (see picture below). Needless to say, I could not even begin to finish it. The restaurant is really charming and the food wonderful. Everyone had a great time...if you are ever in Nashua, check it out. Reservations are recommended.

That same weekend, Al and my friend Dan went go-karting with the car club. Funny, I help plan the event, and do not attend. For one thing, go-karts are not me and for another, the thought of a toddler in 100 degree heat on a tarmac all day did not seem like a good plan. But, overall, everyone had a great time. (See pictures of Al go-karting, Al and Dan and the line up for the group for Al and Dan's group.) There were about 7 groups of 9 people. And Famous Dave's BBQ catered the event. If anyone is interested, you can check out all of the pictures at the club's website (http://www.whitemtn-bmwclub.org/).

Al racing around the track. His best time was a couple seconds slower than some of the seasoned racers of the club - car racers that is....pretty good for a guy who does not race!


Al (on the right) and Dan chatting before the fun!


The line up before the race. Al is #9 and Dan is #3.

No comments: